We also administer philanthropic endeavors for medical aid, scholarships, disaster relief and other charitable causes.
By the beginning of the 1950's, it became necessary to find larger quarters to accommodate the growing membership.
In 1951, Pandiki hosted a successful convention that left them with sufficient resources at their disposal. On July 12, 1952, Pandiki celebrated the official opening of their new home.
During that same time period, the organization's name and purposes changed. The Brotherhood evolved from a fraternal organization to a nonprofit organization established to educate the community and administer our philanthropic endeavors.
James Raptis was the first President of the Pan-Icarian Brotherhood of New York. At the time, and since then, the building has become the center of Icarian and community activities in New York. Many important events have taken place there over the past 64 years, including visitations from numerous political dignitaries from the United States and Greece and Archbishop Spyridon of North and South America.
Many of the founding fathers and benefactors of the Pan-Icarian Brotherhood of America and Pan-Icarian Foundation were members of the Pan-Icarian Brotherhood of New York. From its inception, the Brotherhood has distributed hundreds of thousands of dollars for medical aid, scholarships, disaster relief and other charitable causes in North America and Greece. The Brotherhood has also been instrumental in launching many Icarian and Hellenic partisans throughout its existence.