MISSION The Pan-Icarian Brotherhood of New York is a nonprofit organization established in 1952 to help improve the quality of life for the residents of our immediate and surrounding communities through programs in the areas of education and literacy enhancement.
We also administer philanthropic endeavors for medical aid, scholarships, disaster relief and other charitable causes. HISTORY The Pan-Icarian Brotherhood of New York has a long history that stretches back to the 1930's. The fist Icarian clubhouse was located at 305 East 34th Street in New York City. It was housed in a three story building that was owned by John A. Vassilaros, one of the founders of the organization. Located on the street level was the Vassilaros Coffee Company. The second floor was occupied by Pandiki Chapter No. 5. By the beginning of the 1950's, it became necessary to find larger quarters to accommodate the growing membership.
In 1951, Pandiki hosted a successful convention that left them with sufficient resources at their disposal. On July 12, 1952, Pandiki celebrated the official opening of their new home.
During that same time period, the organization's name and purposes changed. The Brotherhood evolved from a fraternal organization to a nonprofit organization established to educate the community and administer our philanthropic endeavors.
Donate Membership About Contact Pictures Volunteer